VERIFY IQ Inc.
LAST UPDATE: 2018-11-01
Verify IQ Inc. (“VERIFY IQ”, “us”, “our”, or “we”) values the privacy of a buyer, customer, visitor, user, or consumer (“Users”) of VERIFY IQ product and services (the “Services”) through its desktop and mobile platforms (“Web Application” or “Site”). We believe it is important for you to understand when and why we collect personally identifiable information for any person, company or legal entity (“Personal Information”)and how we may use it. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information about you, including but not limited to:
- Registration information: When you register for the Services, you may be asked for basic registration information, such as social media accounts, email address and password.
- Identification information: You may also be asked to provide identification information to confirm your identity, including your first and last name, username, address, phone number, company, and profession.
- Third Party Sources credentials: You may be asked to provide usernames, passwords account numbers, or other general account information for Third Party Sources and Internet services.
- Information from Third Party Sites: In order to display information to you through the Services, we may collect, on your behalf, your account and other Personal Information from Third Party Sites that you register under your account via the Services. For example, if you provide ThirdParty Source credentials for a client’s accounting file to us, we will aggregate that accounting file account information in tokenized form via our Web Application in order to present client accounting information and analyze it for you.
- Technical and navigational information: We collect information about your interaction with our Web Application such as computer browser type, pages visited, average time spent on our WebApplication, IP address, unique identifier of the device, operating system version and app version.
- Communication: We offer Users various methods to communicate with VERIFY IQ and potentially other Users, including on-screen chat, emails, phone numbers, and potentially in the future, message boards or similar public forums (“Communication Channels”). Any content, questions, images or generally information you submit through these Communication Channels may be stored or made publicly visible. If you choose to post Personal Information though these Communication Channels, other viewers may use this information to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit through these Communication Channels.
- Other information: We may request or receive other Personal Information such as feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, or ideas to provide you with other benefits or to improve upon the Service.
VERIFY IQ does not rent, sell, commercialize, or otherwise share this information.
3. INFORMATION RECEIVED FROM EXTERNAL THIRD PARTIES
We may receive Personal Information about you from social media services, commercially available sources, business partners, Third Party Sources, etc. (“External Third Parties”). The Personal Information we receive from External Third Parties may include:
- Financial Information: This may include, for every accounting file you use with our Services, individual transactions and their metadata, along with assembled financial statements. Further, this may include basic file-level identification information such as the company name on the accounting file.
- Identification Information: This may include your name, given names, birth date, profile picture, company, job title, or friends list;
- Contact information: This may include your email, telephone number, or address;
4. INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THIRD PARTIES
- Cookies and Usage Analytics: We use third-party analytics services to help understand your usage of our Services. We may use the information we obtain from your use of our Services and our cookies (i) to recognize your computer when you visit our Site; (ii)to track you as you navigate our Site; and (iii) to improve the Site’s usability. These cookies and other third-party analytics user analytics tools do not track your browsing habits across websites that do not use the Services.
5. INFORMATION WE DON’T COLLECT, STORE OR ANALYZE
6. HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use your Personal Information to (collectively referred to as the “Permitted Purposes”):
- fulfill your requests for the Services;
- ensure appropriate legal use of licensed Services;
- respond to your inquiries about the Services;
- analyze Web Application usage and improve the Services provided through the Web Application;
- alert you to software compatibility issues and to improve our web design and functionality;
- deliver to you any administrative notices or alerts and communications relevant to your use of the Services;
- offer you other products, programs, or services that we believe may be of interest to you;
- perform market research, project planning, product development, troubleshooting problems, analysis of user behavior, marketing and promotions;
- detect and protect against errors, fraud, or other criminal activity;
- verify your identity in the event you contact us for assistance with the Sites or Services;
- pre-fill form fields on the Sites for your convenience;
- order newsletters or updates, register for training, or make requests that require a direct response to you;
We may use information you provide about Third Party Sources Credentials to provide the Services, which may include accessing the Third Party Sources you select on your behalf, so that we can present the requested information to you. When you use the mobile application or a mobile version of our Web Application, we may collect the unique device identifier assigned to that device by phone makers, carriers, or makers of the operating system (the “Device ID”). Device IDs allow app developers, advertisers, and others to uniquely identify your device for purposes of storing application preferences and other data. We may also use your Device ID for security purposes or to monitor suspicious activity.
7. HOW WE PROTECT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We take reasonable and prudent precautions to ensure that your Personal Information is protected against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We use technical and administrative security measures such as but not limited to firewalls, double encryption techniques, and authentication procedures, among others, to maintain the security of your online session and Third Party Sources credentials with VERIFY IQ’s Web Application.
8. CHANGES TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may access, review, and update much of your Personal Information you have submitted to us at anytime. You may request that we delete your account from the Services at any time. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your information, although some information may be retained. For example, some information may be retained on a backup server or media, which is necessary to help ensure continued availability of the Services. Such requests may be subject to the termination of Services and forfeiture of fees paid to VERIFY IQ. We retain your Personal Information as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested. Additionally, we may retain Personal Information to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, trouble shoot problems, enforce our Terms of Service, and as permitted by applicable law.